C² Green Solutions provides services to homeowners who are renovating their house or building a new home. In all cases it is mandatory to comply with the CALgreen building code and we can guide you and provide the required checklist for submitting your permit documents to your City’s building department. We work closely with architects, designers, energy consultants, HERS raters, builders and contractors.
In California homeowners have the opportunity to receive a green certification for their home using the GreenPoint Rated system available through Build It Green. Many local jurisdictions use this system as a way to gauge and promote the greeness of the homes that are being renovated or built from the ground up.
C² Green Solutions offers complete certification services including verification and documentation during the construction process with the GreenPoint Rated system, the recognized mark of quality for green homes. The GreenPoint Rated label proves that your home was built or remodeled to trusted environmental standards and evaluated by a certified GreenPoint Rater.
- Energy efficiency including lighting, insulation, and heating/cooling.
- Resource conservation including materials with recycled content or sustainably-harvested materials.
- Indoor air quality including low-emitting materials and optimal ventilation.
- Water conservation including low-flow fixtures, efficient landscapes, green roofs, and water catchment systems.
- Community including proximity to public transportation, parks, and amenities.
GreenPoint Rater Services:
- Initial client/consultant meeting to review the GreenPoint Rated (GPR) checklist
- Coordination with the City’s planning/building department
- Completion of the GPR checklist and application to Build It Green (BIG)
- Preparation or review of CALgreen checklist
- Coordination with Architect/Designer, Landscape Architect, Title 24 Energy Consultant, HERS rater, Builder and/or General Contractor
- Completion and submission a pre-construction and pre-demolition debris recovery plan
- Plan check – to ensure proposed plan(s) meet the GPR checklist requirements
- Review of proposed building materials and technologies
- Rough inspection and final inspection to construction jobsite
- Review of all documentation and final submittal to Build It Green